The Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) is a tariff that pays people who generate small amounts of renewable energy for the electricity they export to the grid.
We currently have one SEG tariff. This tariff will pay you a rate of 3.5p/kWh of electricity exported. To be eligible for this tariff, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a meter that can measure export in half-hourly intervals and oblige to provide us with actual readings at a frequency deemed by us
- Generate electricity using either solar photovoltaic, hydro, micro-combined heat and power, wind or anaerobic digestion
- Total installed capacity must not exceed 5MW, and micro combined heat and power must not exceed an electrical capacity of 50kW
- Installations are suitably certified through MCS or equivalent
- You must not receive FiT payments while on a SEG tariff
Our Smart Export Guarantee is subject to Terms & Conditions.
You can see how our SEG tariff compares using the Solar Trade Association comparison table.