Green Network Energy Ltd, trading as Green Network Energy (“We”), takes your privacy seriously and is committed to ensuring information about you is kept secure and confidential.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the ‘data controller’ is Green Network Energy Ltd trading as Green Network Energy of New Kings Court Tollgate, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3LG.
- personal data that we collect, process and store
- how we process and use personal data we collect
- combining personal data
- passing of personal data
- how and where we store personal data
- your access to information
- our contact information
Personal data that we collect
When you visit our site or if you give us any personal information about yourself or others, we will treat it securely, fairly and lawfully. We collect personal data to provide better services to you and to make our site more secure and easier to use.
We will only collect, ask for and process personal data that we believe to be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which it is collected, or for which it is further processed, so you can continue searching the site or in response to you actively registering an interest in or applying for or using one of our products or services.
We collect personal data in the following ways:
Personal data you give us:
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.greennetworkenergy.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, sign up for an account, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal details, energy meter details, energy meter readings or consumption data.
Personal data we collect from your use of our services:
When you visit or search our site for information or to access our online services, we collect, store and process information about that activity, the services you use and how you use the site and our online services. For example, the pages you visited, your device information and unique identifiers, network (Internet Protocol (IP)) address, any phone number used to call our customer service number, login data, your location, internet browser information, settings, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), and cookie data.
If you are or become a smart meter customer of Green Network Energy, we will collect information from the smart meter showing your energy usage data and billing information. You will be able to access this information via the secure customer account portal.
Why we process personal data
We process this personal data collected to provide and maintain the highest possible quality products and services to our customers, including to:
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information on the opportunities to access better value energy and customer service, or for other energy savings and efficiency opportunities.
- To allow us to take over your utility supply from your previous utility provider
- To let you know how much energy you have used, and what charges will apply.
- To update or maintain your account details or to communicate with you by letter, email or telephone.
- To provide information about you and the services we provide you with to a new utility supplier should you indicate your wish to change your supplier.
- Carry out our legal and contractual obligations, and continuously improve the quality of our products and services.
- Ensure content on our site is of interest, useful and presented in the most relevant manner to you and our other valued customers and the wider public.
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising and improve how we communicate.
- Maintain and continuously improve security designed to prevent, deter, detect and manage unauthorised access and protect against errors, fraud, misuse and abuse of our site.
- Administration of our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analytics, measurement, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To search credit reference agencies for information about you and carry out checks to confirm your identity. If you give us false or inaccurate information we may pass your information to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
Combining personal data
We may combine data among our online services and equipment, across devices you use to access the site, and across data obtained and processed from offline services and equipment, including personal data obtained when you visit our offices, communicate with us via postal services or from external sources for the purposes for processing described. For example, we may combine data you provide via the public postal services and data you provided in an online application on the site to provide a service to you, or improve our services to the wider public.
Passing your information
We will always respect the choices and requests you make to limit sharing your personal data and only share personal data where it is compatible with the purposes for processing described and to enable us to provide our services, comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or with your prior consent.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors that we work with in the provision of our products and services, and performance of contracts we enter into, such as IT service providers and CRM and billing platform providers.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Green Network Energy Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or where we are requested to do so by any Governmental or law enforcement agency.
Where we store personal data
All personal data provided to us is processed using managed devices and equipment, and stored on our secure servers or the servers of our contracted partners in the UK.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and not to share with, or disclose to, anyone.
The transmission of personal data via the public internet is not secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict policies, procedures and controls to prevent, detect and respond to unauthorised access.
Access to your personal data
Data protection laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our contact information