Understating Your Meter Read History
When managing your account online, you can view your meter reading history since you joined Green Network Energy. The “source” column shows where the reading has come from and there are several different possible sources.
Below is a list of possible sources and a short description of each. Please note we cannot currently receive reads directly from a Smart Meter (Find out more).
- Reads submitted via our web portal, app, over the phone or sent to customer services by email.
- Occasionally we may receive a dataflow, from an industry party, that says it contains a Customer read.
MMR (Manual Meter Read):
- For the gas industry, this indicates a meter reader visited the property and took the reading.
- For the electricity industry then this may mean a meter reader visited the property and took the reading or that a read has been calculated by the electricity industry and a site visit did not take place.
- Normally an estimated read generated by our billing system based on the data we have about the meter. This may include data provided by third parties and/or previous customer reads.
- A read calculated by the gas industry such as a deemed read. For example if there are no opening reads available.
SMR (Smart Meter Read):
- A read from a SMETS 2 (2nd generation) smart meter. This category doesn't include reads from AMR meters or some older Smart Meters.
EDMI or Secure:
- A read from a SMETS 1 (1st generation) smart meter where the meter is operated by EDMI or Secure.
AMR (Automatic Meter Read):
- A read from a meter that transmits reads by itself (but doesn't have all the features of a smart meter).
Keep track of your bills
You can view your bills, download PDF copies and check the date/amount of your next payment and view previous payments.
If you’d like more information on how to read the different types of Smart Meters, follow this link: How to read your meter